Boko Haram: NOA urges Kaduna residents to be vigilant
The National Orientation Agency (NOA), Kaduna office, has urged citizens in the state to be extra vigilant, especially with the displacement of Boko Haram elements from their former operational location, Sambisa forest.
This was contained in a statement issued in Kaduna, on Saturday, by the public relations officer of the agency, Patricia Otini Onoja.
The statement quoted the state director of NOA, Kaduna, Alhaji Galadima Zubairu Soba, as advising “citizens to ensure adequate security and surveillance, especially in locations where people converged for events and activities.”
This, he said, was to “forestall any unwholesome acts by fleeing unscrupulous elements to wreak havoc and unleash terror in the society.
“In spite of the relative calmness gained by the capture of the Sambisa forest by the gallant members of the Nigerian Armed forces, citizens cannot afford to be complacent and drop their guard on security,” he stressed.
Soba cautioned the people to “exercise greater vigilance before accepting strange persons, as the insurgents who escaped being killed during the onslaught on Sambisa forest are determined to infiltrate and attack soft targets like places of worship, motor parks, entertainment centres, markets and places of abode among others to cause mayhem.”
He urged citizens, particularly in the Southern part, to embrace peace and live in harmony with one another.
- Previous Stop laying pipeline on waters, groups warn Shell
- Next Panic, confusion as fire razes shops near petrol station in Ibadan
You may also like...
- Man, 42, rapes, impregnates 13yr-old plantain hawker Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/man-42-rapes-impregnates-13yr-old-plantain-hawker
- LASTMA’s GM escapes Danfo accident
- My future at Arsenal is not dependent on Wenger’s, says Ozil
- How Belgore, Sulaimon, allegedly benefitted from Diezani’s $115m
- I’ve handed over power back to Buhari — Osinbajo