Osinbajo takes peace message to Niger Delta
VICE-PRESIDENT Yemi Osinbajo is to begin tour of the Niger Delta in search of lasting peace.
A statement issued by his Special Assistant on media and publicity, Laolu Akande, in Abuja, on Saturday, said in “further demonstration of President Muhammadu Buhari’s readiness and determination to comprehensively address the Niger Delta situation, Osinbajo will be visiting a number of oil communities across some Niger Delta states starting on Monday, January 16, 2017, when he travels to Delta State.”
The statement said that said at a later date to be announced soon, the vice-president would also visit Bayelsa and Rivers states.
The statement read: “At these visits, the vice-president will lead high-level delegations of the Federal Government that will interact with leaders and representatives of the oil-producing communities in continuation of ongoing outreach efforts of the Buhari administration towards a long lasting and permanent resolution of the Niger Delta crisis.
“The Buhari presidency is fully committed to having an effective dialogue and positive engagement that will end the crisis in the oil-producing areas, and believes that these visits would further boost the confidence necessary for the attainment of peace and prosperity in the areas and the Nigerian nation in general.”
You may also like...
- Man, 42, rapes, impregnates 13yr-old plantain hawker Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/man-42-rapes-impregnates-13yr-old-plantain-hawker
- LASTMA’s GM escapes Danfo accident
- My future at Arsenal is not dependent on Wenger’s, says Ozil
- How Belgore, Sulaimon, allegedly benefitted from Diezani’s $115m
- I’ve handed over power back to Buhari — Osinbajo