APC to fill vacancies at states level before National Convention — Spokesman
The National Convention of the All Progressives Congress (APC) will hold not later than April 2017 after filling vacancies at the states level.
The NWC meeting was chaired by the APC National Chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun.
According to him, the processes leading to the National Convention would commence with the congress to fill vacancies in the State Party structures across the country.
He said that, the vacancies to be filled occurred principally from political appointments, deaths and resignations.
The statement read: “The Congress to fill the vacancies would be followed closely by another Congress to nominate delegates into the mid-term non-elective Convention of the Party.
“The Congresses will be followed by the National Caucus meeting, and finalised with the National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting of the Party, which will consider and set the dates for the National Convention, which is expected to hold not later than April of 2017.
“This is in accordance with our constitution which states that the Party’s convention must be held once in two years“, the statement concluded.
You may also like...
- Man, 42, rapes, impregnates 13yr-old plantain hawker Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/man-42-rapes-impregnates-13yr-old-plantain-hawker
- LASTMA’s GM escapes Danfo accident
- My future at Arsenal is not dependent on Wenger’s, says Ozil
- How Belgore, Sulaimon, allegedly benefitted from Diezani’s $115m
- I’ve handed over power back to Buhari — Osinbajo