Boko Haram: FCTA to hand-over renovated UN building soon
Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Musa Bello, on Thursday, said that the administration would do everything possible to complete the remaining phase of the renovation work at the Abuja United Nation building and deliver it to the end users as soon as possible.
The minister spoke when the United Nations Development Programme Resident Representative in Nigeria, Mr. Edward Kallon paid him a working visit where he assured that the FCT Administration will strengthen its relationship with the UN Agencies and continue to support them to achieve their mandate in the country.
He disclosed that the FCT Administration had made efforts to complete abandoned projects in the Federal Capital City and intends to extend development to the satellite towns and area councils to reduce pressure on the city centre this year.
Speaking earlier, the UNDP Resident Representative, Mr. Edward Kallon promised to connect the FCTA with global development partners.
He said that the UNDP would also work to promote ICT development in the FCT to assist in making Abuja a smart city for youth development.
- Previous US president inauguration: Buhari not snubbed by Trump
- Next No one can accuse President Buhari of fraud, corruption and stealing – Ojudu
You may also like...
- Man, 42, rapes, impregnates 13yr-old plantain hawker Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/man-42-rapes-impregnates-13yr-old-plantain-hawker
- LASTMA’s GM escapes Danfo accident
- My future at Arsenal is not dependent on Wenger’s, says Ozil
- How Belgore, Sulaimon, allegedly benefitted from Diezani’s $115m
- I’ve handed over power back to Buhari — Osinbajo