US president inauguration: Buhari not snubbed by Trump
THE Presidency has rejected insinuation that whereas former President Goodluck Jonathan has been invited to the inauguration of new president of the United States, Donald Trump taking place on Friday, President Muhammadu Buhari was shunned.
“Gentlemen, I think we should respond to refute this falsehood. The US does not invite Heads of State or Presidents to the inauguration of their presidents. Our President could therefore not have been snubbed,” Shehu wrote.
Ekiti State governor, Ayo Fayose, had described the non-extension of invitation to Buhari to attend the inauguration as a sign that the President has ceased to enjoy international relevance.
You may also like...
- Man, 42, rapes, impregnates 13yr-old plantain hawker Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/man-42-rapes-impregnates-13yr-old-plantain-hawker
- LASTMA’s GM escapes Danfo accident
- My future at Arsenal is not dependent on Wenger’s, says Ozil
- How Belgore, Sulaimon, allegedly benefitted from Diezani’s $115m
- I’ve handed over power back to Buhari — Osinbajo