18-yrs-old, imprisoned 7 times, arrested for theft again
An eighteen-year-old boy, who has been to prison on seven different occasions for phone theft has been rearrested by the police in Lagos State.
The suspect, Sadeeq Wasiu, was a few days ago arrested by operatives of the Rapid Response Squad, after he snatched a phone from the owner in Oshodi area of the state.
It was gathered that Wasiu had been on the wanted list of the police for some time before he was arrested in Oshodi, while trying to escape.
Wasiu, alias “Omo Eiye”, as he is popularly called in Oshodi, had been fingered to be the mastermind of four phone thefts and two bag snatching attempts in Oshodi.
The suspect narrated that “I was 15 years when I came to Lagos to work as a conductor in 2014. My parents were not aware I am in Lagos.”
He stated that “my popular name is Eyie. I steal phones from people at Oshodi. We were three in my group. Ahmed alias Oyi, Tombolo and myself.”
The suspect also stated that “We have stolen more than 45 phones as a group and I have stolen countless number of phones individually.”
“I used to sell the phones at Idi Oro, Mushin. I sell the phone according to their manufacturer. I sell some N10, 000 and N8, 000. I have gone to jail seven times,” he confessed.
Wasiu added, “I sell Indian Hemp too. I buy it from Spider in Lagos Island and I resell in small raps to over 50 of my colleagues in Oshodi. I can buy N4, 000 and brake into small wraps and sell for N8, 000.”
The image maker in charge of the state police command, Dolapo Badmos, confirmed the arrest of the suspect to Tribune Online and added that she had been transferred to the Task Force on the Environment and Other Related Offences for prosecution.
- Previous E-payment transactions rose to N51.8trn in 2016 – CBN
- Next My salary as lecturer was more than RCCG’s income — Adeboye
You may also like...
- Man, 42, rapes, impregnates 13yr-old plantain hawker Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/man-42-rapes-impregnates-13yr-old-plantain-hawker
- LASTMA’s GM escapes Danfo accident
- My future at Arsenal is not dependent on Wenger’s, says Ozil
- How Belgore, Sulaimon, allegedly benefitted from Diezani’s $115m
- I’ve handed over power back to Buhari — Osinbajo