Denrele replaces Dbanj for second season of Lip sync battle Africa’
MTV Base (DStv channel 322) has revealed that the ultimate lip synching showdown is back – yes, Lip Sync Battle Africa, the pop culture phenomenon that’s swept the continent, returns to our TV screens from 22 April 2017. At the helm for the second season is uber-babe, actress, presenter and model Pearl Thusi while flamboyant Nigerian man-about-town, TV presenter and fashion icon Denrele takes over the role of “colour commentator”, adding his lively observations to the proceedings.
No stranger to the music business, Denrele has interviewed the likes of Akon, Beyoncé , Tyler Perry, Lil’ Kim, Snoop Dogg, and many more. Famous in Nigeria for his OTT calculated madness and edgy eccentricity, Denrele was himself a contestant on Lip Sync Battle Africa in Season 1, where he battled against fellow TV personality Ebuka, losing out narrowly, despite storming performances of “Johnny” by Yemi Alade and Jamiroquai’s 90s hit, “Virtual Insanity”.
Flipping his trademark tangled locks, an excited Denrele commented, “Co-hosting Lip Sync Battle Africa is truly the answer to a prayer I never made! The universe truly opened a door, and I’m gonna make sure I jump right inside and DO IT! It’s quite surreal – I was a contestant in Series 1 who flew in last minute and “spiritually” won his LSB challenge, and now I’ve been elevated to co-host! Try not to watch me, I dare you!!!!
- Previous My salary as lecturer was more than RCCG’s income — Adeboye
- Next Tanker rams into car, tricycle, kills one
You may also like...
- Man, 42, rapes, impregnates 13yr-old plantain hawker Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/man-42-rapes-impregnates-13yr-old-plantain-hawker
- LASTMA’s GM escapes Danfo accident
- My future at Arsenal is not dependent on Wenger’s, says Ozil
- How Belgore, Sulaimon, allegedly benefitted from Diezani’s $115m
- I’ve handed over power back to Buhari — Osinbajo