My salary as lecturer was more than RCCG’s income — Adeboye
General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, who presides over a global church with members in about 198 nations of the world, at the weekend, described his early years as the General Overseer of the mission as turbulent, saying the church’s total income then was about half of his salary as university lecturer.
Ministering during a three-day special programme to end the church’s 40-day fasting and prayer period at the Redemption Camp, Kilometre 46, Lagos Ibadan Expressway, Pastor Adeboye shocked the worshippers when he declared that the church’s total income when he took over its leadership was less than his pay.
His words: “When God called me into full time ministry, I must tell you the truth, I was afraid because things were rough. I knew poverty when I was young but I became a university teacher with the belief that my days of poverty were gone. “When God asked me to leave my job to become a full-time pastor, the total income of the church was less than my salary and we were to share it among some 39 people. ‘’I was really afraid but God gave me one promise. He said do not worry my son, I will be with you. If you are wondering why my case is different, it is because God told me that He will be with me and He has been faithful to His promise.”
- Previous 18-yrs-old, imprisoned 7 times, arrested for theft again
- Next Denrele replaces Dbanj for second season of Lip sync battle Africa’
You may also like...
- Man, 42, rapes, impregnates 13yr-old plantain hawker Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/man-42-rapes-impregnates-13yr-old-plantain-hawker
- LASTMA’s GM escapes Danfo accident
- My future at Arsenal is not dependent on Wenger’s, says Ozil
- How Belgore, Sulaimon, allegedly benefitted from Diezani’s $115m
- I’ve handed over power back to Buhari — Osinbajo