My future at Arsenal is not dependent on Wenger’s, says Ozil
Arsenal and German midfielder Mesut Ozil has said it was wrong to conclude that his future at the London club is dependent on Arsene Wenger’s.
Wenger has been under intense pressure to quit the club after strings of woefully displays that saw exit the UEFA Champions League and drop out of the top four in the English Premier League. There were speculations that 67-year old 20-year reign at Arsenal will come to a halt at the end of the season.
But Ozil who is yet to agree to a new long-term contract with a year left on his current on insisted that the decision to stay or leave Arsenal will solely be his.
“I have always said I’m very happy at Arsenal. Everything fits here, the club, the fans and the city. Arsene Wenger was also one of the main reasons why I joined Arsenal,” he told Bild am Sonntag.
“However, I also know that in football everything moves very quickly and a lot differently to what you had planned.
“Therefore, it would be wrong to say that my future is dependent on the coach.”
Ozil, however, confirmed that talks were on his contract extension but nothing concrete has been agreed on.
He said, “Everything is still open. There have been talks with Arsenal but at the moment, I’m concentrating on the current season, just like the officials at Arsenal.”
- Previous How Belgore, Sulaimon, allegedly benefitted from Diezani’s $115m
- Next LASTMA’s GM escapes Danfo accident
You may also like...
- Man, 42, rapes, impregnates 13yr-old plantain hawker Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/man-42-rapes-impregnates-13yr-old-plantain-hawker
- LASTMA’s GM escapes Danfo accident
- My future at Arsenal is not dependent on Wenger’s, says Ozil
- How Belgore, Sulaimon, allegedly benefitted from Diezani’s $115m
- I’ve handed over power back to Buhari — Osinbajo